Graduate House is the only residential college in Melbourne which is only for graduates – that is, for those who have already completed an undergraduate degree. The mature living, learning and meeting environment is ideal for those undertaking postgraduate doctoral and masters studies, and for academics of all career stages visiting Melbourne for sabbaticals, research and to attend conferences.
Phone: +61 3 9347 3428 or
Steps to apply for residency:
Find out if the room or apartment that you want is available:
Make an online accommodation enquiry OR contact us by phone or email.
We respond within two working days by return email, attaching a Residency Membership Application Form for you to complete and submit to us (see below).
View this Sample Resident Membership Application Form so that you know the information we require.
Complete and submit the Resident Membership Application Form:
Complete only the coded Residency Membership Application Form that we send to you – this has your Reservation Number (top right corner of the front page).
When completed, submit by email as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to The Graduate Union, 220 Leicester Street, Carlton, VIC, Australia, 3053.
We will assess your application and respond within two weeks to let you know if you have been successful. Your room or apartment is then secured upon payment and we shall send you confirmation of your reservation.
Residency Fees (per week)
Residency Fees vary across the three wings of Graduate House. They also vary with the length of residency. To support post-graduate study, longer terms of residency have lower weekly rates than shorter terms. The Residency Fee includes:
- five dinners and seven breakfasts per week (subject to change on public holidays);
- bed-linen and towels, changed weekly (pillows and covers are provided);
- housekeeping of rooms weekly;
- all utilities (gas, electricity, water and waste management);
- access to laundry facilities (coin-operated washing machines and dryers);
- access to resident areas that include a comfortably appointed lounge, a TV room, a recreation room with a table tennis table, a library, kitchen and study rooms; and
- a secure bicycle shelter.
The following are not included in the Residency Fee:
- Wi-Fi access – cards enabling access may be purchased from our offices:
- A car park space – $150 per month. Limited spaces are available.
|Duration (in days)||Number of devices||Price (AUD)|
Looking to make a short-term accommodation booking online?
Click to find out availability and book instantly.
The rooms and apartments are located across four wings. The older style William Berry Wing of adjoining terrace houses has single and double rooms (shared bathrooms) and one apartment. The Main Building has single and double rooms with en suites, and the Stella Langford Wing has medium and large self-contained apartments. The Barry Street Apartments are self-contained apartments with single beds.
As a Resident Member you become part of an international association of graduates who acknowledge the privilege of their education and give back to society through global initiatives.
- Lounge Area
- Cable TV in common room
- Table tennis table in recreation room
- Board games
- Upright piano
- Study Room
- Public phone on grounds
- Shared kitchen facilities
- Courtyard and garden
- A secure bicycle shelter
- Internet Wi-Fi*
- Laundry facilities (coin-operated washing machines and dryers)*
- Irons and ironing boards
- Vending machine
*available for a fee
Please contact Graduate House by:
Phone: (03) 9347 3428 or
for accommodation enquiries.