JobFocus gives the opportunity for a small group of Members to discuss their experiences in gaining employment after having gained their postgraduate qualifications.
Together the group also weighs up the advantages and disadvantages of different job-seeking approaches, as well as possible solutions to the many challenges involved.
The following are examples of the questions discussed at just one JobFocus session:
- In order to enter the job market, particularly to work in large firms, should you apply for entry-level junior positions or at the level appropriate for an applicant with postgraduate qualifications?
- What should you do when a positive networking experience (‘Yes, get in touch — I would love to help’) is followed by no responses to further communications?
- How do you achieve the balance between ‘doormat’ or ‘soft fruit’ and being too confident?
- What should you include in a cover letter?
- What are the best approaches for video interviews and how are these analysed?
JobFocus Meetings are held throughout the year, Monday evenings after dinner, we will keep you informed of the dates through the weekly Newsletter.