2019-20 Review of Council Performance
The focus of the Review of Council Performance is on:
- the whole of Council, the roles and responsibilities of which are outlined in the Rules and Regulations of the Association; and
- each Council member.
The objectives of the Review of Council Performance include to:
- ensure governance quality control and adherence to Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission (ACNC) Governance Standards, as well as to Council’s own Rules and Regulations;
- review the accountability of Council to Members and other stakeholders, and the value Council provides to the Association;
- review the way Council operates and communicates;
- assess the contribution of individual members to the vision, strategy and ongoing operations of Council; and
- clarify and, where necessary, identify areas for improvement for each Council member and for Council as a whole.
The annual process involves:
- Council agreeing to adopt and to undertake the review process at the June 2020 meeting;
- in response to questions (see below) each Council member providing short answers as a basis for discussions to be sent to the Chairperson of Council before the September 2020 meeting;
- the Chairperson of Council consulting individually with each Council member; and
- the Chairperson of Council presenting a summary of key issues to Council at the last meeting of the calendar year for discussion, the formulation of recommendations and action as necessary.