A home-away from home – your ‘medi-stay’
In the heart of the hospital and education precinct, Graduate House is affordable and safe. Close to public transport stops (trams, buses), and with onsite secure bike and car parking, you are a short walk away from Melbourne’s major ‘Royal’ Hospitals, the world’s finest Comprehensive Cancer Centre, St Vincent’s Hospital, The University of Melbourne, RMIT and the CBD.
Graduate House is a residential college. It has dining and meeting spaces, a library and quiet nooks for contemplation, and a reception desk where you will be greeted warmly after your hospital treatment or visit.
Need a place to stay while having, or recuperating from, specialist medical or surgical treatment?
Visiting a loved one in hospital?
- offers accommodation for patients, families, friends, carers and hospital staff
- is affordable, safe and trusted with friendly, welcoming and genuinely caring professional staff
- is suitable for those from regional Victoria, outer metropolitan Melbourne and interstate
- has variable stay durations, from one to a few nights or weeks
- is clean, with quiet rooms, and comfortable communal areas
- has breakfast and weekday dinners included, and delicious, healthy food
- has car parking – secure and cheap with online booking/payment and contactless automatic car plate recognition
- is within walking distance of the Royal Melbourne Hospital, the Royal Children’s Hospital, the Royal Women’s Hospital, the Victorian Comprehensive Cancer Centre, the Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre and St. Vincent’s Hospital
- is a tram ride to the Epworth and Alfred Hospitals
Graduate House is suitable for Patients:
- in the period before full-stay admission
- after discharge to recuperate and while arranging for transport home
- out-patient consultations and treatments over one or more days (cancer therapy; day surgery; dialysis, dental, mental health, etc.).
Schemes that subsidise patient accommodation:
Graduate House is suitable for Visitors and Hospital Staff:
- parents with children in hospital
- families and friends supporting loved ones in hospital
- carers, allied health, medical and NDIS support staff
* Car Parking fees apply (and are not included in the rent).
^ Standard Wi-Fi (suitable for web browsing and emails) is provided for free. Packages are available for the connection of additional devices and for higher speeds – contact us by phone (+61 3 9347 3428) or email (email@example.com), or visit us at reception to ask about the costs for different plans.