JobFocus gives the opportunity for a small group of Members to discuss their experiences in gaining employment after having gained their postgraduate qualifications.
Together the group also weighs up the advantages and disadvantages of different job-seeking approaches, as well as possible solutions to the many challenges involved.
The following are examples of the questions discussed at just one JobFocus session:
- In order to enter the job market, particularly to work in large firms, should you apply for entry-level junior positions or at the level appropriate for an applicant with postgraduate qualifications?
- What should you do when a positive networking experience (‘Yes, get in touch — I would love to help’) is followed by no responses to further communications?
- How do you achieve the balance between ‘doormat’ or ‘soft fruit’ and being too confident?
- What should you include in a cover letter?
- What are the best approaches for video interviews and how are these analysed?
Usually JobFocus sessions are held in a face-to-face group forum.
With social distancing and self-isolation measures, these meetings are now being held on a one-to-one basis via Zoom for half an hour with the CEO/Head of College.
These meetings are free and are made available to all residents.
Register your attendance on the form below.
We will contact you regarding the Zoom meeting, determine the best time and date and then send you the link closer to the scheduled date.