One of our key purposes is to provide residential accommodation to encourage and assist higher education and in particular postgraduate studies and research in The University of Melbourne and other Tertiary Teaching Institutions.
Applying for Residency
Our aim is to fully support postgraduate students during their studies, as such accommodation preference is given to current postgraduate students. As an association for Graduates we do give priority to student bookings.
Find out if the room or apartment that you want is available:
Make an online accommodation enquiry OR contact us by phone or email.
We respond within two working days by return email, sending a secure link to an online application form for Residency.
Complete and submit the Resident Membership Application Form:
When your application is received, we will assess it and aim to respond within two weeks to let you know if you have been successful.
Your room or apartment is then secured upon payment and we shall send you confirmation of your reservation.
Residency Fees (per week)
Residency Fees vary across the four wings of Graduate House. They also vary with the length of residency. To support post-graduate study, longer terms of residency have lower weekly rates than shorter terms. The Residency Fee includes:
- five dinners and seven breakfasts per week (subject to change on public holidays);
- bed-linen and towels, changed weekly (pillows and covers are provided);
- housekeeping of rooms weekly;
- all utilities (gas, electricity, water and waste management);
- access to laundry facilities (coin-operated washing machines and dryers);
- access to resident areas that include a comfortably appointed lounge, a TV room, a recreation room with a table tennis table, a library, kitchen and study rooms; and
- a secure bicycle shelter.
The following are not included in the Residency Fee:
- Wi-Fi access – cards enabling access may be purchased from our offices:
|Duration (in days)||Number of devices||Price (AUD)|
- A car park space – $150 per month. Limited spaces are available.
We also offer short stay accommodation for those requiring less than X nights. Preference is given to students, and those in Melbourne for educational purposes, be it a seminar or short course. Becoming an individual Member of the Graduate Union entitles you to cheaper accommodation rates and priority bookings. Learn more by looking at our membership page.