We are delighted that you are coming to Graduate House for your event!
In this ‘new world’ of face-to-face meetings and functions we place paramount importance on the safety of ALL who come into Graduate House. We thus ask that you read the following information to assist us in our efforts to provide you with a safe, hygienic and healthy venue and experience.
Please DO NOT come to Graduate House if you:
- are required to be in quarantine (self-isolation);
- are waiting for a COVID-19 test result;
- have been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19;
- have returned from overseas in the past 14 days;
- feel unwell and/or have a fever, cough, tiredness, aches and pains, sore throat, diarrhoea, conjunctivitis, headache, loss of taste or small, a skin rash or discolouration of your fingers or toes.
If any of the above apply, we can arrange for you to participate in the event remotely, and can offer advice on how to set up for teleconferencing or videoconferencing.
If none of the above apply, and you are registered to come into Graduate House for your event:
- please complete this online form. The government requires us to take the names and contact details of each person who enters Graduate House. This is for the purposes of contact tracing. This online form enables safe registration – if not completed, we will be asking you to complete this when you come into Graduate House. Please be assured that we respect and will adhere to all privacy laws in this regard. This personal information will only be provided to, and upon request from, the Department of Health and Human Services.
- Plan your trip – if possible avoid using public transport. **We have a car park – it is clean and secure. Doors to enter Graduate House are chocked open so that you do not have to touch any surfaces while entering and we have instructions for the lift use that ensure appropriate physical distancing (you can also use the stairs). The online form includes a section to book the car park and to pay online. You may also pay for the car park at Graduate House – however this will be by card only. We no longer take cash payments.
- Bring your own mask and keep this on once inside Graduate House. ** We have reusable masks available for sale – please see online form to purchase remotely. You may also pay for this at Graduate House – again, by card only.
- Keep a distance of at least 2 metres between you and others. Our meeting rooms will be set up so that you are seated 2 metres away from other delegates and the speaker.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water – our toilets and bathrooms are sanitised regularly (with antiviral cleaning products). We have instructions in our bathrooms about how to minimise your contact with surfaces.
- Get excited about our great catering. Our food and beverages are prepared in accordance with the highest food safety and hygiene standards. All staff wear gloves, masks and hair nets. We will serve you in accordance with physical distance guidelines. Your food will be pre-plated and covered.
Car Parking is available for Members and for those attending events at Graduate House. The car park:
- is entered at the corner of Church Street and Malvina Place (see image and map below)
- is secure
- is accessible from 7:30AM to 7:30PM weekdays (and 24/7 for longer term arrangements)
- may be booked for a weekday (flat rate) or longer
- has the best rates in the university precinct
- has over 50 spaces