- This event has passed.
World Kindness Day
13 November, 2021
Introduced in 1998 by the World Kindness Movement, World Kindness Day is observed in many countries, including Australia, Canada, India, Italy, Nigeria, Singapore, the United Arab Emirates and the United Kingdowm. The funders are David Jamilly and Louise Burfitt-Dons. Suggested activities for the Day include the giving of flowers, random hugs, kindness cards and gifts, as well as concerts and flashmob dances, songs and music. World Kindness Day is to highlight good deeds in the community and to bridge the divides of race, religion, politics, gender and location.
Some kindness quotes:
- Sometimes it takes only one act of kindness and caring to change a person’s life. – Jackie Chan
- Do things for people not because of who they are or what they do in return, but because of who you are. – Harold S. Kushner
- Carry out a random act of kindness, with no expectation of reward, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you. – Princess Diana
- Because that’s what kindness is. It’s not doing something for someone else because they can’t, but because you can. – Andrew Iskander
- Remember there’s no such thing as a small act of kindness. Every act creates a ripple with no logical end. – Scott Adams