- This event has passed.
National Walk to Work Day
3 September, 2021
Sponsored by the Australian government and supported by all state and territory governments in this country, National Walk to Work Day involves, as the name suggests, walking to and from work but, of course, could also involve walking away from and back to your home (if you work at home) as well as any other walking activity!
As eloquently put by John Butcher – Founder Walk21:
Health benefits of this weight-bearing exercise include:
- increased cardiovascular and pulmonary (heart and lung) fitness;
- reduced risk of heart disease and stroke;
- improved management of conditions such as hypertension (high blood pressure), high cholesterol, joint and muscular pain or stiffness, and diabetes;
- stronger bones and improved balance;
- increased muscle strength and endurance; and
- reduced body fat.